dimanche 6 mai 2012

I'm shocked D:


Who's damaging my mail? Last week I've already found a letter open in my mailbox (hopefully nothing was missing), and today I received a letter in this yellow plastic bag you can see on the picture above. Why was it in this bag? Because the envelope was torn. Literally. Look out:

 Front

Back

Really, I'm shocked, and I'm pissed off. What's happening to my mail? Why don't I get it in one piece?
Anyways, I'm glad to finally have gotten this letter from my Lithuanian pal, as it traveled longer than usual so I was starting to worry about it. I hope nothing is missing!

Has it already happened to you, dear followers, receiving letters open or torn?

Have a nice week! <3

12 commentaires:

  1. I once got a letter literally open, but it was just because of glue my pen pal used - it wasn't strong enough for the envelope she used. Apart from that, I haven't had my mail damaged, I think...

    I'm wondering, WHAT the hell happened to this envelope?! How is it even possible, to tear it like that by accident?! X____X

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Unfortunately, that happens sometimes. :( The sorting machines can be brutal. :( Once I received half a postcard! Luckily, the part with my address on survived haha...

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I'm really sorry for you! It also happened to me a couple of times. (not so very) coincidentally, it always happened when the envelope looked fuller than usual. In my case, the content was actually missing :c I went at the post office to complain but it wasn't really usefull.
    I don't understand why postmen do that. It's stealing, and sometimes I think they don't understand that is a crime.. I agree with Michi, it's not possible to tear letters like that by accident.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I once received a letters from the UK which looked like it was cut open at the side, but apparently nothing was missing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I've had ripped letters or ones in bags. When I used to swap fbs, decos etc... I usually got the contents back which made me realise an envelope had split somewhere and they were using the address of the person it was made for.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I sent a letter once to an aunt back home, from Europe while I was an exchange student there and she said that when she received it, the stamp was missing! Apparently the postman that delivered it collected foreign stamps and ripped it off or someone who works there did it. It was very disturbing!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. It hasn't happened to me fortunately! But I'm sorry to see it has to you :S

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. My poor letter ;____; who bit that????!!! As I see, everything came, but in such a horrible state. I guess someone did'nt found what they wanted.
    I once experienced how tea was ripped out and empty teabags were still sent my way >__< and from time to time letters came a little damaged, but I think only accidentally, if they are full, they might be damaged.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. It happened to me once, I have a English penpal who went on a school trip to London, she sent me a bracelet together with a letter. But the envelope was opened when it reached me and the bracelet was gone, I only received a letter! I was so shocked that anyone would do that! Not sure who did that. Must be the postman..

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Thanks for all your reactions girls... Nice to see I'm not the only one, though this kind of thing should never happen...
    I don't know what happened to this poor little letter :( I hope it's just the sorting machine that was in a bad mood, not someone who tried to steal the content! D:

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Oh wow no this has not happened to me yet, but I am sure it's just a matter of time now that I am commenting here. :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. You're lucky, Sandy! I wish you that such a thing never happens to you!

    RépondreSupprimer

Thanks for your comment! :)