vendredi 8 juin 2012

A promise is a promise

Hey folks~!
I promised you some weeks ago that I'll show you my calligraphy skills as soon as I'd be satisfied enough with them, so, it's now time to keep this promise.
I've been trying to improve my calligraphy for some weeks, and at the beginning I was just trying to make lines of a, b, c, d... which was, to tell the truth, completely boring and not motivating at all. So, I decided to do differently and write one of my favourite quotes instead: "when there's a will there's a way".

Here's the template, how my letters should look like:

And now, here's my piece of art!

I know it could be A LOT better, but I think it's not that bad for a beginner, what do you think?

Off-topic: I'm so excited because I'm going to send a letter to Iceland! I hope I'll get a reply because till now I've always had bad luck with Icelandic pals :/ So wish me luck!
The letter isn't done yet, but the envelope is already designed. I tried to do some mail art, Laufey is into art as well so it'd be great to turn our penpalship into a mail art exchange!

That's all for today! Have a nice week end, followers!

2 commentaires:

  1. It looks lovely! But isn't it a bit hard to write with it? I mean...it should take quite a while before you finish a letter, right?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I don't write with it, I do it just for fun, and if it could improve my handwriting, it'd be amazing! But if I wrote a letter like that, it'd take ages!

    RépondreSupprimer

Thanks for your comment! :)