vendredi 19 avril 2013

Mail call!

Yay, finally I have some letters to show you! It's been a while! Well, mailmen in my district are still on strike (it's been 3 weeks now), but it seems that my maillady has given up on this strike because I got a quite high pile of mail hitting my mailbox today! Well, I know for sure that at least two pieces of mail are missing (a book I've ordered and an envelope from my mother). But let's cross our fingers they will follow tomorrow or on Monday!

Before starting to show off all the letters I have to say that I'm really, really pissed of how mail employees treated my mail while it was patientely waiting in a post office : out of the six envelopes I received, three   (so half of them) were damaged.. First this envelope from Norway got torn :
The letter from Brazil got completely wet (fortunately my penpal had written with a ball pen!)
However now the stickers she enclosed are totally unusable :(
And finally, the worst happened with this envelope, that contained a book I had ordered. Look how torn it is! :O
And look what happened to the book inside. For me who's the fussiest as far as my books are concerned, I was close to tears... Bloody mail people.


Anyway. At least these pieces of mail aren't lost, so I shouldn't complain so much. Let me now show you all the letters :)
First there is a letter on Kawaii paper from Louise in the UK:

Then the wet letter from Bruna in Brazil. Nice to catch up with her news, her last letter was from back in September:

From Heidi in Finland. A long catch-up with her as well, as I hadn't heard of her since October. And she enclosed my first Nordqvist tea! This brand doesn't exist in France, that's why I never had any opportunity to try it before.

The letter with the torn stamp was from Marita in Norway. She included wonderful pictures of snowy Norway (though now that the weather has jumped from winter to summer, it's a bit "weird" to see snow...)

And last but not least, from Andra in Romania. A typed letter, yet I did enjoy it anyway!

Aaand, I even have some outgoing letters to present here! Yes, I did write lately! 
The first letter is to Tanja in Germany. Well, I wrote it more than two weeks ago, but haven't uploaded any pictures on the blog yet because I hadn't any other letters to show.

And eventually I wrote this letter to Ksenia, which took me 15 days. It's not extremely long (usually my letters to her are a bit longer than this one), but I was so very busy lately that I hardly could find enough time and energy to start writing even a paragraph or two.

That's all for today! Hopefully I'll get all my mail back soon and won't have to worry anymore! I know going on strike is French people's favourite sport but c'mon mailmen, 3 weeks of strike are enough now!

Have a lovely weekend, all!
Love, Tári

8 commentaires:

  1. Réponses
    1. Not that great, as half of it was damaged :( But thanks! :)

      Supprimer
  2. The system sure did do some damage to your book. I would be pissed too.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I was. I've already received damaged mail, but not to this edge :(

      Supprimer
  3. The USPS destroys my mail too :( Such a pity.
    Maybe you can go complain? At least for the book?
    anna-kisscut.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I could, but well, it won't change anything! At least I got the mail, I was worried it got lost.

      Supprimer
  4. That's such a shame about your mail :( Thankfully I've only ever had one torn letter and package before. It was from my friend in Sri Lanka and she'd sent me a lovely package but it was so destroyed when it arrived, and there was even things missing from it :(

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Oh, that's a such a shame that there were missing things in your package! D: Post people really don't value mail as much as we do, they'd be more careful with it otherwise.

      Supprimer

Thanks for your comment! :)